Advertisement

Bug fogger, gas stove caused Calexico explosion Friday

May 21, 2001

CALEXICO — An explosion that damaged an apartment here Friday was caused by a bug fogger activated while a gas stove was ignited, fire officials reported this morning.

No one was injured in the 9:14 a.m. explosion at 1010 Paulin Ave., but the doors and windows in the apartment were shattered.

Fire officials said there was "considerable" damage to the apartment.

They reported no one was inside the home at the time of the explosion.

Officials added bug foggers have flammable liquid that can be dangerous if the devices are activated while gas appliances such as stoves are operating.

Fire officials said it is important to read the "warning" label before operating a fogger device.

Advertisement
Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|