In preparation of a county-sponsored public hearing on redistricting, the county Board of Supervisors on Tuesday will discuss state and federal redistricting efforts.
The board meets in open session at 9:30 a.m. in the County Administration Center, 940 W. Main St., El Centro.
The public hearing is set for 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the same location.
The board also will:
· consider approval of a $290,000 wetlands inventory study to be conducted by Imperial Valley Engineering Services. The money would come from the Department of the Interior.
· hear a presentation on the differences between a geographic information system and computer-aided design.
· discuss the county's application for federal grant moneys.
· discuss pending state legislation.
· consider a retroactive approval request for out of town travel to Washington, D.C., by County Executive Officer Ann Capela.