· Public swim is offered from 1 to 5 p.m. Sundays-Saturdays through Aug. 24. The fee is 50 cents for seniors and children age 15 and under. Those age 16 and older pay 75 cents.
· Family swim runs from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays through Aug. 27. A parent or sibling at least 18 years old must accompany children. Fees are the same as public swim.
· Swim lessons for those ages 4-12 years old will be in three sessions that run Monday-Thursday in the following time slots: 9:45-10:15 a.m., 10:15-10:45 a.m. and 10:45-11:15 a.m. The first session last through July 5, the second, July 9-26, and the last, July 30-Aug. 17. The fee is $16 per child.
· Swim lessons for adults 16 and over will be offered from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through July 26. The fee is $16.
· Family swimming lessons are Saturdays from June 23-July 28, as are lessons for children ages 6 months to 3 years and their parents. There are two sessions, one from 10-11 a.m. and the other from 11 a.m.-noon. Class is limited to 15 students per session and parents may sign up for only one session. The fee is $15.
· Marlene Currier will instruct water aerobics classes from 7-8 p.m. Monday and Wednesdays through Aug. 22. The classes are open to those age 16 and older. The fee is $2 per class.
· The Brawley Union High School boys basketball camp will is open to kids in grades 3-9. The sessions are from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through next Thursday in the high school gym. The cost is $35 per camper/$30 for two or more. Those interested can call Phil Grant at 344-2584 for more information.
· The BUHS girls basketball program will have a camp from 8:30 a.m. to noon July 9-12 in the school gym. James Lofton and Mike Pacheco will be the instructors. There is no age restriction and the fee is $25. To sign up call Pacheco at 351-2518.
· If you're at least 16 years old, you can take advantage of the free country and western dance classes taught by Dee and Charlie Jones, after which you can impress buddies with your amazing two-step. Yee-haw! Lessons are from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays in the Lions Center gym.
· Karate classes, taught by instructor Harold Brown, will instruct students on the finer elements of discipline and self-defense. Children 6-16 can attend from 4-6 p.m. and adults from 6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Classes are in the Brawley Senior Center at Eighth and J streets. There's a $10 registration fee plus a monthly fee that varies. Those interested can contact Brawley Goju Kai at 344-7405.
· A summer day camp runs Monday through July 27 and is open to children entering grades 1-6. From 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, youngsters can enjoy such activities as swimming, team sports, arts and crafts and games. Campers will receive a T-shirt and swim pass. The fee is $60 per child.
· A mini-camp is open Monday-July 27 to children ages 3-5 years old. Kids can participate in a variety of activities, including games, arts and crafts and watching movies. There are four sessions: the first runs from 9 a.m.-noon and the second from noon-3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, while the third and fourth are during the same time periods on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Class size is limited to 15 per session, and parents may register their child for one session only. The fee is $40.
· Open gym will run through Fridays is offered to children ages 5-12. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays-Fridays, children will be supervised doing sports, arts and crafts and games. The fee is $2 per child per day, and those planning to stay the entire day should their own sack lunch.
· "It's Not Magic … It's Science." Explore the mysteries of science with this fun afternoon camp open to kids in grades 3-8. Sessions will be from 3-5 p.m., with instructors Mall and Betsy Hite teaching third- through fifth-graders Mondays and Wednesdays and sixth- to eighth-graders Tuesdays and Thursdays. The sessions will run Monday through July 6 and July 9-18 in the Lions Center. The fee is $50 per child. Each session is limited to 20 students, so to register, call the Brawley Parks and Recreation office at 344-5675.