The existing and proposed water transfer policies of the Imperial Irrigation District are "water marketing" oriented.
The water marketing goals include:
(1) Market as much water as possible and at the highest price.
(2) Make as much profit as possible.
When these goals have been achieved, all the ag water in Imperial Valley will have been marketed.
The water marketing approach is "pro-landowner" and "anti-agriculture" oriented.
The water marketing plans include:
(1) Have IID water under state jurisdiction.
(2) Have defensive transfers based on "wasting water" and "state appropriations."
(3) Allocate water to the gate.