BRAWLEY — A two-alarm fire broke out this morning at the BP Ventures beef plant under construction here.
Fire Chief Frank Contreras said the 5:59 a.m. blaze started as the result of sparks falling into a fiberglass and plastic filtration system.
"Apparently they were doing some cutting on the top of the roof and sparks went into the filtering system," Contreras said. "Nobody got hurt."
Contreras said the filtration system was destroyed, the inside of the building was full of smoke and the ceiling was damaged by smoke.