Advertisement

Wiring blamed in E.C. house fire

August 10, 2001

Wiring in an air conditioner is being blamed for starting a fire that caused an estimated $10,000 worth of damage to a home in El Centro.

El Centro firefighters responded to the fire in the 700 block of Adams Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Thursday, said El Centro Fire Department Capt. Alex Romero.

The fire burned the area around the air-conditioning unit and the home's attic, where firefighters were able to contain the blaze, Romero said.

The fire was extinguished in about 10 minutes, though firefighters were on scene for an hour and a half cleaning up, Romero said.

Advertisement

The home sustained about $10,000 in smoke and fire damage, Romero said.

Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|