Mr. Teague was born Sept. 9, 1923, in Holtville. He attended schools in the Los Angeles area before returning to the Imperial Valley during his sophomore year to graduate from Imperial High School.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In 1945, Mr. Teague married Helen Savidge in Los Angeles and settled in Imperial in 1946.
He was an automotive mechanic for Chrysler/Dodge dealers Snyder and Aycock and Oswalt and Johnson. He later operated his own auto repair shop under the name of Service Garage.
He finished his automotive career as a service manager for Valley Chrysler/Dodge and taught auto-tech classes at Imperial Valley College for several years. Before his retirement, he worked as an operations manager for Drewry Chemical in Imperial.
He was a longtime member of Imperial Community Church and a member of Gideons International.
Survivors include his wife, Helen Teague of Imperial; son and daughter-in-law, Kirby and Anna Teague of Imperial; daughter and son-in-law, Kay and David Tharp of Imperial; sister and brother-in-law, Callie and Bob Allen of Riverside; brother, James N. Teague of Coachella; grandchildren, Susan Rivas of San Diego, Shanna Panela of Calexico, Joseph E. Teague of Brawley, David Tharp II of Chula Vista and Erin Tharp of Imperial; and four great-grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorials to the Imperial Community Church building fund, 300 W. Barioni Blvd., Imperial, CA 92251, or Gideons International.