Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: IVPress HomeCollections

County fire investigators: Electrical problem likely cause of Heber fire

September 12, 2001

HEBER — County fire investigators think an electrical malfunction started a fire that inflicted serious damage to a residence here.

County Fire Department Capt. Lon Hettinger said his department was called to a residential fire about 1:38 a.m. in the 1100 block of Heber Ave.

The house fire is thought to have started from behind the house, where a washer and dryer were located.

The homeowner, Guadalupe Meza, was living there with two other adults and a child. No one was hurt in the blaze.

The house was destroyed and the loss was estimated at $100,000.

It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze. Hettinger said seven firefighters using two engines battled the blaze.

Advertisement
Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|