HEBER — County fire investigators think an electrical malfunction started a fire that inflicted serious damage to a residence here.
County Fire Department Capt. Lon Hettinger said his department was called to a residential fire about 1:38 a.m. in the 1100 block of Heber Ave.
The house fire is thought to have started from behind the house, where a washer and dryer were located.
The homeowner, Guadalupe Meza, was living there with two other adults and a child. No one was hurt in the blaze.
The house was destroyed and the loss was estimated at $100,000.
It took firefighters about 30 minutes to extinguish the blaze. Hettinger said seven firefighters using two engines battled the blaze.