The county Board of Supervisors appointed members to the voter fraud committee at the board meeting Tuesday.
The committee will explore and develop ideas to help ensure local elections are fair.
The committee was formed when Supervisor Joe Maruca expressed concern over voting irregularities in the last election, specifically instances of a high number of voters registered at a single address and questionable absentee ballots.
Richard Ciaramella, chief investigator with the California Secretary of State's election division, met with county officials in August. He suggested the county promote voter education and form a committee to investigate voter fraud.
The committee members are:
· Albert Aguilar of Calexico, nominated by Supervisor Tony Tirado
· Dr. Gustavo Galindo of Holtville, nominated by Supervisor Joe Maruca
· Lynn Schnittker of Brawley, nominated by Supervisor Gary Wyatt
· Bob Hamm of El Centro, nominated by Supervisor Hank Kuiper
· Pedro Cerda, nominated by Supervisor Wally Leimgruber