The Imperial Irrigation District held the first of three public workshops to introduce next year's budgets.
Monday's workshop covered the district's so-called joint departments, that is, those departments that serve the whole district, including water and power. They are general services, executive, resources planning and management, internal audit, finance and treasury, human resources, information technology and public information.
Included in the information was each department's expenditures and the percentage of those expenditures paid for by the power and water departments.
For example, $9.9 million is budgeted for the executive department for 2002. That amount includes:
· $618,500 for the Board of Directors
· $814,700 for the general manager's office
· $703,900 for the executive officer's office
· $672,700 for the chief financial officer/controller office
· $6.8 million for the resources planning and management office
· $233,300 for the internal auditor's office.