Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: IVPress HomeCollections

By MARIO RENTERIA, Staff Writer

November 15, 2001

An El Centro resident's vehicle burst into flames in the driveway of his home as he was readying for work this morning.

El Centro fire Capt. Steve Wilson said a van was reported on fire in the 1100 block of North Sixth Street around 3 a.m.

Wilson said the owner of the vehicle was inside his residence getting ready for work when neighbors informed him his vehicle caught on fire.

The owner and his neighbors attempted to extinguish the blaze with a fire extinguisher to no avail.

One engine and three firefighters responded to the Sixth Street address and quickly doused the flames.

Wilson said arson was ruled out, adding he thinks it was the result of an electrical shortage.

Wilson said a wire could have been smoldering all night to the point where it gathered enough heat to burst into flames.

Advertisement

>> Staff Writer Mario RenterĂ­a can be reached at 337-3435.

Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|