LAS VEGAS — The Colorado River Water Users Association will have its annual conference Wednesday through Friday at Caesar's Palace here.
Issues to be discussed include the future of the Colorado, the federal Clean Water Act, security procedures for water facilities, restoration of the Salton Sea and the Colorado River Delta.
Elected officials, water agency executives and technical experts from around the country are expected to participate in the three-day program.
CRWUA internal business will be conducted on Wednesday.
Thursday's agenda includes:
· 9:45 a.m., Bennett Raley, secretary of water and science for the Department of the Interior, general comments.
· 10:30 a.m., John Allen Rose, Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp., will discuss security.
· 11 a.m., John W. Keys III, commissioner, Department of the Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, general comments.
· 2 p.m., a discussion on irrigation management in a changing energy environment.
· 3 p.m., visions of the future of the Colorado River.