CALEXICO — Calexico Adventist Mission School at 601 E. 1st St., has chosen Castillo Construction Co. of Imperial as construction manager for its 27,104 square-foot educational complex.
The complex will house a gymnasium, secondary classrooms, administrative offices and a library.
Calexico Adventist Mission School opened in 1937. The current location of the Calexico Spanish Seventh-Day Adventist Church was home to the school until the relocation to its present facility directly across from the international border.
The school has 34 faculty and staff and 439 students, serving grades K-12, and a waiting list of students that makes it necessary to construct a larger facility.
Calexico Adventist Mission School is an English-language day school primarily catering to students from Mexicali. The school is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.