Advertisement

El Centro apartment catches fire

December 28, 2001|STAFF REPORT

The El Centro Fire Department responded to an apartment fire this morning only one block from the fire station.

The unit's resident had recently moved into the apartment, which was inside a converted home on the northwest corner of State and Seventh streets. A moving truck was parked next to the curb in front of the building.

According to one official on site, a fire captain sustained a brief electrical shock and would be checked by medical personnel. A bystander reportedly came in contact with flames but did not sustain serious injuries.

Few other details were available this morning about the blaze.

Advertisement
Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|