The Native Sons of the Golden West will dedicate El Centro's Women's Ten Thousand Club clubhouse as a historical site with a state of California ceremony that will be attended by many state dignitaries.
The clubhouse was purchased in 1912 and remodeled in 1922. It has been a cultural, social and community center for many events, both cultural and social, since that time.
The Women's Ten Thousand Club was established in 1908 to promote the growth of the city of El Centro and the interests of the Imperial Valley, generally by encouraging united action in public affairs and stimulating public spirit and private initiative to advertise the Valley and the city of El Centro; and "to do all the things legitimate toward bringing the population of El Centro up to 10,000."
El Centro now has a population of more than 40,000.