YOU ARE HERE: IVPress HomeCollectionsEc

E.C. man arrested for alleged robbery of three local teens

February 05, 2002|By DARREN SIMON, Staff Writer

An El Centro man who reportedly robbed three teen-agers outside a local arcade Saturday while armed with a baseball bat was taken into custody Monday after he was spotted in a grocery store.

Christopher Sandoval, 18, was booked into county jail with his bail set at $50,000. He remained in custody this morning.

El Centro police Lt. Tim Blankenship said on Saturday three teen-agers, two males age 17 and a female whose age was unavailable, were inside a parked car outside Quarters Arcade in the city.

Shortly after 11 p.m., a man reportedly walked up to the youths and threatened them with a baseball bat. Blankenship said at least one of the teens turned over a "substantial" amount of money to the man.

On Monday, the two males who had been in the car were in Vons when one spotted Sandoval enter the store. That teen pointed out Sandoval to the other youth and both believed Sandoval to be the man who had threatened them, Blankenship said.


The two contacted police shortly before 8 p.m. Officers took Sandoval into custody without further incident.

The case remained under investigation.

>> Staff Writer Darren Simon can be reached at 337-4082.

Imperial Valley Press Online Articles