BRAWLEY — A fire at the Mesquite Cattle Feeders Inc. on Highway 78 east of here caused about $1,000 in damage to a $500,000 feed machine Saturday afternoon.
Fire Capt. Jesse Zendejas said the 2:15 p.m. fire was caused by an overheating bearing in the machine. He said the feedlot owner contacted the Fire Department about the blaze.
Zendejas said the firefighters mostly stood by to assist the feedlot's employees who partially dismantled the machine to quench the fire.
"Mostly it was difficult getting into the equipment," he said, adding there were no injuries.