Many farmers have called to ask me the burning question of, "Have I done everything I am supposed to do so far for the TMDL program?"
For those of you with the same question, here is your answer. If you have completed the following tasks, you have done everything required of you so far.
· Turned in you sign-up sheet with all of your contact information.
· Turned in a list of parcels that includes every field you currently farm, its acreage and landowner.
· Received the Spanish-language total maximum daily load video and shown it to your farm employees.
· Begun implementing best-management practices in each of your fields to help reduce silt runoff.
· Started a TMDL file or notebook in which you are documenting best-management practices you have implemented so far and progress on each field.
If you need assistance with any of the above, the technical team or I would be happy to help. Also, the regional board has now given me meters that I can check out to farmers.