Advertisement

Fire reported in El Centro

May 25, 2002|STAFF REPORT

An overloaded electrical circuit caused a fire in a residence at the corner of Fifth Street and Sandalwood Drive in El Centro on Saturday afternoon, according to fire officials.

The fire burned a small room being rented in the back of a house at 492 Sandalwood. The room is not attached to the house.

El Centro Fire Department Battalion Chief Bill DuBois said the occupant of the residence was not home.

He said firefighters think the cause of the blaze was an overloaded electrical circuit. The fire was quickly extinguished.

Advertisement
Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|