Advertisement

Fire causes damage to El Centro home

June 03, 2002|STAFF REPORT

A fire caused extensive damage to a residence in El Centro this morning before firefighters could extinguish it.

El Centro Fire Department Battalion Chief Bill DuBois said the fire was reported shortly before 7 a.m. and firefighters quickly responded to the 2100 block of Smoketree Court.

The family living at the residence was not home at the time of the fire. DuBois said the family members had left the home about 20 minutes before the fire was reported.

He said firefighters are still investigating the blaze but it appears it was accidentally started.

The fire was controlled within 15 minutes of firefighters being called and extinguished shortly thereafter.

Advertisement
Imperial Valley Press Online Articles
|
|
|