The Imperial Irrigation District Board of Directors unanimously approved a one-year $1.9 million wage and benefit agreement with its employee groups.
The changes include:
· a 3 percent lump sum payment of each employee's yearly pay expected on the second paycheck in July. Wages would not be increased.
· an increase in shift premium.
· a doubling of the service award to $20 per year of service.
· an increase in tuition reimbursement per semester from $350 to $500.
· an allowance for footwear.
· expanded dental coverage to be paid by the employee.
In other business, the board approved a $1 million grant to Imperial Bioresources LLC for continued research and development into a renewable biomass cogeneration plant using sugar cane or sugar beets as the fuel source. The money was awarded in such a manner that the company is required to meet certain milestones.